From 'Together' by Grenfell Hubb Community Kitchen; this recipe combine spicy chillies, fragrant coriander and creamy avocado.
- 2 Green Chillies, (halved and de-seeded)
- 25g Fresh coriander
- 3 tbsp Natural yogurt
- 2 Lemons (grated zest and juice)
- 4 Garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1 Avocado
- 4 tbsp Mayonnaise (optional)
- - salt and pepper
- 1. Put all the ingredients except the mayonnaise into the food processor and blend until smooth,
- 2. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- 3. Add mayonnaise (if you wish) and stir to combine.
- 4. Transfer to a serving bowl
How to cheat...
- Dip dodge ...
If you can’t find the strength to peel an avocado then why not plump for this Holy Moly smashed avocado and drizzle in some chilli olive oil. Yum!
- Lazy lemons...
How to show off...
- Top toast...
Though this dip is delicious served with crisps or toasted sourdough, why not pop them in these adorable little toast cups to serve with cocktails. Minimum hassle…maximum wow factor.
- Hello Jalapeños!
If you enjoy the sour & spicy flavour of jalapeños then why not use these instead of fresh chillies. Both are delicious options….
- What if I don't have a food processor?
You can use a fork to mash the avocado until smooth. No problemo.
- Can I use red chillies instead of green?
Yes of course, both give a little kick of heat. Delicious!
- How do you peel an avocado?
For this recipe, slice the avocado in half long ways. Then use a table spoon to remove the pit. Then scoop out the creamy flash and transfer to your food processor.
- What book is this recipe from?
This recipe is from Together: Our Community Cookbook (Ebury Press, £9.99).