A delicious blend of fruity sloe gin and tangy limoncello makes it the perfect winter cocktail to make for friends.
- 50ml Plymouth Sloe Gin
- 25ml Limoncello
- 150ml Sparkling Water
- A sprig of Rosemary (to garnish)
- Add leaves of one rosemary sprig and Lemoncello into a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle these together in the mixer.
- Add ice and Sloe Gin.
- Shake for around 7 seconds.
- Pour into a highball glass.
- Top with sparkling water.
- Garnish with a rosemary sprig.
How to cheat...
- Alternative to a cocktail measure?
Grab a bottle cap (holds around 10ml) or an egg cup (holds around 40ml).
- I don't have a shaker, what can I use?
Why not use a kilner jar and a wooden spoon to mix your cocktail? Failing that, a pint glass and a chopstick will do just as well.
How to show off...
- The secret to better tasting drinks
Always try and use either filtered or bottled water to make ice cubes. After all it is melting into your cocktail.
- Light it up
The sprig of rosemary is a lovely garnish for this drink. Why not set fire to the end of it just before you serve your drinks to release an earthy, festive smoke. Mmmm smells great…and free incense!
- What if I don’t have hi-ball glasses?
Any tall, straight glass you have will work just as well.
- What is sloe gin?
A sloe is a type or wild plum around the size of a blueberry. These are collected from British hedgerows and added to gin along with gin to add sweetness. Delicious!
- What food recipe would go well with this cocktail?
Why not try Flora Sheldon’s Sweet potato parmesan fries recipe. Lovely winter food for friends.